Ron Holloway playing the Theo Wanne MANTRA tenor sax and SHIVA DESTROYER mouthpiece.
- 1980 – From 1980 to 1986, Wanne was an apprentice of Joel Jensen of Da Da Bicycles in Bellingham, WA. He designed and built custom professional bicycle frames by hand. Here he developed his metal working skills.
- 1987 – Theo attended Macalester College for a year, where he studied music composition. He then travelled to Thailand, staying in a Buddhist monastery, and studied meditation in India. Upon his return to the USA, he studied saxophone at California Institute of the Arts.
- 1987 – Theo bought and sold vintage saxophone mouthpieces, and had a refacing service. He also studied the history and repair of saxophone mouthpieces with the help of Randy Jones of Tenor Madness in Iowa, and Bob Carpenter from Seattle, WA.
- 1997 -Theo graduated from the Naropa Institute, completing a BA in Musical Improvisation.
- 1998 – In 1998, Wanne relocated to Philadelphia, PA and repaired musical instruments with master repairman, Bret Gustafson of Gustafson Music.
- 1999 – Saxophone Mouthpiece, Heaven opened selling vintage mouthpieces, and sharing an extensive amount of information on mouthpiece history and design.
- 2007 – Theo started Wanne, Inc. (DBA of Theo Wanne™ Classic Mouthpieces) with his brother Tom Wanne. Saxophone Mouthpiece Heaven became inactive; however, its extensive resource materials was switched to his current website. The first production mouthpiece the AMMA, was released. He has five patents/patents pending including a manufacturing patent to make the complex interiors of his mouthpieces.
- 2008 – The KALI and PARVATI mouthpieces released.
- 2009 – The DURGA and GAIA mouthpieces released. The PARVATI is no longer made.
- 2011 – AMBIKA Tenor Mouthpiece Released.
- 2013 – Tom Wanne left Wanne Inc. to pursue other business opportunities; Theo runs company alone.
- 2012 – The MANTRA Tenor Saxophone, BRAHMA, DATTA, and MANTRA were released. The AMMA mouthpiece no longer made.
- 2013 – The MANTRA Soprano Saxophone was released.
- 2014 – Wanne moved his company to new facilities at 1221 Fraser Street,Suite E-2 , Bellingham WA. KALI, BRAHMA and DATTA mouthpieces no longer made. SHIVA tenor mouthpiece released.
- 2015 – The Mindi Abair Signature alto, GAIA 2 soprano, alto and tenor, New York Bros alto, and Slant Sig tenor mouthpieces released.
- 2016 – The MANTRA Fully Curved and Curved Neck soprano saxophones released. The AMBIKA 2, DURGA 3, SHIVA 2, and SLANT SIG 2 mouthpieces released.
Theo Wanne 5 peg Mouthpiece StandDisplay and easily access your favorite mouthpieces with our beautiful, solid wood, mouthpiece stands!
Theo Wanne Digital Tip Opening GaugeFind the tip opening size on any woodwind mouthpiece. The tip opening is the distance between the reed and the...$139.95
Theo Wanne Feeler Gauge SetOur new feeler gauge set includes all sizes needed to accurately measure a mouthpiece tip opening and has both US and...$99.95
Theo Wanne Glass Gauge - Actual MMThis is the standard glass gauge used with a feeler gauge set to measure the facing curve on mouthpieces. This gauge...$19.95
Theo Wanne Glass Gauge - TraditionalThis is the standard glass gauge used with a feeler gauge set to measure the facing curve on mouthpieces. This gauge...$19.95
Theo Wanne Complete Refacing KitAll the tools you need in order to measure your mouthpieces prior to refacing, in one package!
Theo Wanne Dove Tail Ligature Screw (1 screw)This dove tail set screw is used to attach the Liberty Ligature to a Wanne mouthpiece body.
(Two of these...$4.95
Theo Wanne Pressure Plate Screw for Ligatures (10 Screws)This pressure plate screw is used to attach a Wanne pressure plate to a Liberty and Enlightened ligature thumb screw....$4.95
Theo Wanne Ligature Screwdriver SetA complete screwdriver set for use on all Theo Wanne(tm) Ligatures and Pressure Plates.
Theo Wanne Mouthpiece Care KitOur Mouthpiece Care Kit includes the following care items:
1: 8oz Pump Spray
2: Cleaning cloth
Theo Wanne Reed Case - Multiple FinishesThe new Theo Wanne solid hardwood reed case will protect your soprano, alto, or tenor reeds in style! Your reeds will...$54.95–$55.00
Theo Wanne Double Mouthpiece PouchThe real leather double case is truly beautiful, both aesthetically and functionally. The clipping mechanism clips...$29.95
Theo Wanne Mouthpiece CapThe Theo Wanne™ cap for use with the reed attached. This is great for doublers or those needing a cap while...$7.95
Theo Wanne Reed Replacer Mouthpiece CapThe new Theo Wanne Reed Replacer Cap (patent pending) is held to the mouthpiece by the ligature itself. A portion of...$11.95
Theo Wanne Single Mouthpiece PouchOur single mouthpiece case is truly beautiful, both aesthetically and functionally.
The case wears the...$19.95