Replaces the YTS-475
With a design influenced by high-end Yamaha saxophones, the YTS-480 features highly accurate intonation, a warm tone and a quick response. It is lightweight yet durable, and comes with a professional-quality 62-style neck for a more mature quality of sound.
A hand-engraved pattern on the bell adds an extra touch of class.
Compatible with Custom Yamaha necks
The redesigned octave key system gives players the flexibility to choose between the included 62 style neck and those designed for the Custom Z and Custom EX Yamaha saxophones (sold separately).
The new 62 style neck has been designed for improved tone and response.
The separate key guards feature adjustable screw cap stoppers for professional-style technical adjustments.
Left-hand seesaw key
The left-hand seesaw key has been designed to increase playability as well as provide a more comfortable feel.
Improved Low B-C# connection
An improved mechanism from low B-C# ensures the consistent closing of the low C# key and promotes a clear response from notes in the low range of the instrument.
- Level: Intermediate
- Key of: Bb
- Neck: Annealed, original 62 design
- Neck Material: Yellow Brass
- Body Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell: Yellow Brass
- Key Material: Yellow Brass
- Key Buttons: Polyester
- Finish: Gold baked epoxy lacquer
- Tone Holes: Drawn
- Auxiliary Keys: Front F; High F# key
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 4C
- Mouthpiece Cap: Plastic
- Ligature: Yellow Brass; Clear Lacquer
- Spring Type: Stainless Steel
- Pad Type: Waterproof leather and wool felt with plastic tone boosters
- Bell Decoration: Stamped
- Thumb Hook: Adjustable Plastic
- Pivot Screw: Tapered with head and nylon lock (adjustable)
- Mounting: Post on body