The top choice in brass and woodwind lubricants by students, professionals, and instrument makers! Hetman Lubricants are highly recommended and used daily by our repair department. The extensive range of Hetman Musical Instrument Lubricants constitutes an application-specific system of advanced instrument care for the professional and non-professional musician. This system of lubricants was developed to go beyond the limitations of conventional instrument oils and provide a new level of instrument performance and longevity. Hetman lubricants avhieve the optimum balance between quick action and protection of vital components. The lubricants are formulated in special viscosity grades that meet the specific requirements of the artist, and best suit the individual character of the artist's instrument. Performers are afforded the feel and confidence of a smooth, consistent action, while the longevity of their treasured instrument is prolonged by the unique formulation of each lubricant. The advanced technology employed in the formulation of Hetman lubricants allows superior performance and protection to be realized immediately upon application. NO SPECIAL PRE-CLEANING IS REQUIRED BECAUSE OF THE LUBRICANTS' TOTAL COMPATIBILITY WITH CONVENTIONAL OILS! The unique formulation of Hetman lubricants provides unprecedented levels of both performance and protection.
The extensive range of Hetman® Musical Instrument Lubricants constitutes an application-specific system of advanced instrument care for the discriminating musician. This system of lubricants was developed to go beyond the limitations of conventional oils and provide a new level of instrument performance and longevity.
Leading Edge Technology - each lubricant embodies the most advanced technology, providing superior, longer-lasting performance, and protection against wear and corrosion.
Application-Specific - each lubricant's viscosity and formulation is designed for its specific application.
Compatibility - each lubricant is compatible with conventional petroleum-based oils, avoiding potential gumming problems associated with some synthetics.
Easy Application - each lubricant is packaged with a dispensing system that allows convenient application to the most difficult-to-reach lubrication points.
Application Guide - an easy-to-follow application guide is available that clearly describes the proper use of each product.
PISTON VALVE LUBRICANTS
Hetman® Synthetic Piston Lubricants provide superior wear and corrosion protection for all types of piston valves. Whether your instrument has Monel, stainless steel, or nickel-plated pistons, these long-lasting, non-gumming lubricants will provide for an action that is smooth, quick and consistent. Three nontoxic viscosity grades are available in 60 ml controlled dropper tip bottles:
1. LIGHT PISTON - Specifically formulated for close tolerance piston valves. PN: H1-LP-60
2. PISTON - Designed for instruments with piston valves having average clearance. PN: H2-P-60.
3. CLASSIC PISTON - Synthetic protection for your classic instrument. Specially formulated oil helps to seal piston valves that exhibit greater than average clearance. Helps prevent valves from sticking. PN: H3-CP-60.
SLIDE LUBRICANTS (OIL)
Hetman® Synthetic Slide Oils are formulated for first and third valve slides (trumpets, cornets, etc.). These lubricants are designed to maintain an airtight seal and smooth slide action when making intonation adjustments. The proper choice of viscosity grade depends on the fit and length of your slides. Generally speaking, lighter viscosities are needed for tighter fitting and longer length slides, whereas heavier viscosities are required for looser fitting and shorter length slides. One should choose the heaviest viscosity that still allows rapid slide movement. Packaged in 22 ml bottles with special dropper tip applicator. Available in three nontoxic, non-gumming, long-lasting viscosity grades:
4. LIGHT SLIDE OIL - Formulated for tighter fitting valve slides and valve slides of longer length. PN: H4-LSO-22.
5. SLIDE OIL - Original formula (Tuning Slide Oil). Medium viscosity for most first and third valve slides. PN: H5-SO-22.
6. HEAVY SLIDE OIL - Designed for looser fitting valve slides and valve slides of shorter length. PN: H6-HSO-22.
SLIDE LUBRICANTS (GREASE)
Hetman® Slide Grease Lubricants are designed for tuning slides and valve slides that are normally maintained in position once adjusted. The choice of three unique, nontoxic products allows for smooth, air-tight performance of both tight and loose fitting slides:
7. SLIDE-GEL - This special tuning slide lubricant provides long-lasting seal and firm slide motion. A premium, hi-viscosity product that will not bunch-up in the ends of slide tubes. Adhesive formulation protects slides against corrosion and wear. Packaged in 22 ml bottles with special dropper tip applicator. See USG No. 9 for additional application. PN: H7-SGL-22.
8. PREMIUM SLIDE GREASE &endash; A long-lasting slide lubricant of heavier consistency, this premium slide grease keeps slides airtight and moving smoothly. Packaged in 10 cc jars. PN: H8-SGR-10.
9. ULTRA SLIDE GREASE - A unique slide grease of extra-heavy consistency designed primarily for instruments with loose fitting slides. Perfect alternative for vintage instruments with corroded slide tubes that run the risk of splitting or cracking when being expanded. This tacky grease keeps slides in place and airtight. Resists breakdown. May be used together with Slide-Gel to obtain the desired "feel" or "pull" of one's slides. Packaged in 10cc jars. PN: H9-USG-10.
SYNTHETIC GREASE SYRINGE
Hetman® Lubricants offers a special multi-purpose synthetic lubricating grease packaged in a precision 10cc syringe applicator for a multitude of woodwind and brasswind applications.
10. MUSICAL INSTRUMENT GREASE - This unique product features a nontoxic, synthetic lubricating grease packaged in a convenient, sealable, dispensing syringe. Woodwind and Brasswind applications include: flat springs and tracks (bronze & steel), pivot screws, clamp screws, wing screws, sax neck screws, linkage joints, lever hinges, ball joints, and threads (valve stems, valve caps and screw bells). In addition to superior wear protection and extreme pressure performance, this plastics-safe, synthetic grease is waterproof and helps to prevent rust. 10 cc syringe applicator. PN: H10-MIG-10.
ROTARY VALVE LUBRICANTS
Rotor Lubricants: Hetman® Synthetic Rotor Lubricants provide for long-lasting rotary valve performance. These lubricants will protect rotors and valve casings against corrosion and wear while improving valve seal. Hetman® Synthetic Rotor Lubricants will not swell rubber bumpers or damage plastic components. The 22 ml long-tipped precision needle oiler facilitates application through the slide tubes. Available in two nontoxic, non-gumming viscosity grades:
11. LIGHT ROTOR - Formulated specifically for close tolerance rotors. PN: H11-LR-22.
12. ROTOR - Designed for instruments with rotors having average clearance. PN: H12-R-22.
SPINDLE BEARING LUBRICANTS
Spindle Bearing Lubricants: Hetman® Synthetic Bearing Lubricants are designed to protect rotary valve spindle bearings, the most critical wear points of the rotary valve. Spindle bearings require lubricants that allow the rotor to move quickly while simultaneously combating the tremendous stresses these components are subjected to. Hetman® Synthetic Bearing Lubricants are engineered to ensure maximum wear protection without slowing the action. These bearing lubricants protect against corrosion and will not damage plastic components or swell rubber bumpers. 22 ml precision needle oiler. Available in two nontoxic, non-gumming viscosity grades:
13. LIGHT BEARING - Designed for close tolerance spindle bearings. PN: H13-LB-22.
14. BEARING & LINKAGE - Formulated for instruments with spindle bearings of average clearance. This lubricant is also an excellent choice for spherical rod end bearings (e.g. "Minibal" and "Unibal" linkage joints) and other linkage components (see linkage application below). PN: H14-BL-22.
LINKAGE and BALL JOINT LUBRICANTS
Linkage and Ball Joint Lubricants: Hetman® Synthetic Linkage and Ball Joint Lubricants are formulated for superior performance and protection of rotary valve linkage components: spherical rod end bearings (e.g. "Minibal" and "Unibal"), linkage joints, cross joints, lever hinges and ball joints. These lubricants combat wear; provide for positive, quiet actions; and prevent corrosion of linkage components. These formulations are nontoxic, and non-damaging to plastic components and rubber bumpers. Packaged in 22 ml precision needle oilers.
14. BEARING & LINKAGE - For spherical rod end bearings (e.g. "Minibal" and "Unibal"), linkage joints, cross joints and lever hinges. Also recommended for rotary valve spindle bearings (see spindle bearing application above). PN: H14-BL-22.
15. BALL JOINT - A heavy viscosity lubricant designed specifically for ball joints. This synthetic quiets noisy joints and assures a smooth action by functioning as both a lubricant and a vibration dampening agent. Although formulated for ball joints typically exhibiting looser tolerances, this lubricant has found wide use on pivot screws, worn linkage components, screw bell threads, valve stem threads, and valve cap threads. Will not harm plastic joints. PN: H15-BJ-22.
Hetman® Synthetic Key Lubricants are specifically designed for musical instrument keys that utilize hinge tube and rod construction. These high technology lubricants provide superior key action by establishing a tenacious, synthetic lubricating film between the hinge rods and hinge tubes. This protective synthetic layer reduces friction and wear, prevents corrosion of hinge rods, dampens sympathetic vibrations, and quiets noisy keys.
The choice of three viscosity grades (Light, Medium, and Heavy) allows the professional to maximize the performance of the instrument's action by selecting the lubricant grade that is best suited to the instrument. The use of the proper viscosity key lubricant ensures an action that is quick, crisp, smooth, and quiet. Hetman® Synthetic Key Lubricants are nontoxic, long-lasting, non-gumming, and plastics-safe. Each lubricant is packaged in a 22 ml precision needle oiler dispenser making application simple, neat, and efficient.
16. LIGHT KEY - A light viscosity synthetic lubricant formulated for instruments with close tolerance actions. Frees sticking keys by penetrating into hinge tubes. Provides for a smooth, quick action. PN: H16-LK-22.
17. MEDIUM KEY - The preferred key lubricant for most instruments. The viscosity of this synthetic is best suited to actions of average tolerance. Keeps keys moving quickly, smoothly, and quietly. PN: H17-MK-22.
18. HEAVY KEY - A synthetic key lubricant engineered for instruments with worn actions and instruments that characteristically exhibit greater action tolerance. Quiets noisy keys and dampens sympathetic vibrations without slowing the instrument's action. PN: H18-HK-22.
Hetman® Lubricants offers a special clear, nontoxic formulation for woodwind corks. Packaged in 22 ml bottles with special dropper tip applicator.
19. PREMIUM CORK LUBRICANT - A long lasting, premium cork lubricant that provides for smooth, positive tenon joint assembly while ensuring long cork life. Preserves joint corks without causing build-up or caking. Special dropper tip applicator makes dispensing neat and easy. Also recommended for ligature and sax neck screws. PN: H19-C-22.
TROMBONE SLIDE SPRAY
Hetman® Lubricants offers a unique water-soluble spray concentrate, and applicator for trombone slides. Hydro-Slide concentrate is formulated to be mixed with water in various concentrations thereby accommodating the particular characteristics of the artist's trombone slide.
20. HYDRO-SLIDE - slide spray concentrate and applicator for trombones. When added to water, Hydro-Slide forms an extraordinary lubricating fluid. It is designed to be used with or without slide cream to for an unusually smooth slide action. Follow the directions on the Hydro-Slide applicator bottle. Fill the applicator bottle with water to the "water line" then add Hydro-Slide concentrate to the desired level (1:40, 1:20 or 1:10). Mix thoroughly and spray on the trombone slide as needed.
Hydro-Slide Part Nos.:
H20C-HSC-22 Concentrate, 22 ml
H20A-HSA-60 Applicator, 60 ml