- Pads:Leather pads with riveted metal resonators
- Included:Concept Mouthpiece, Ligature, Cap, Neck strap, 2 Swabs, Silk/microfibre cloth, Cork grease, case.
- Ambitus:Low Bb / High F#
- Thumb support:Fine gold gilded metal thumb supports
- Finishes:Lacquered, Silver Plated, Black, Brushed, Solid Silver, Gold Plated, Antique lacquered.
SAXOPHONE ALTO SIGNATURE
The Signature alto embodies the renewal of the Super Action 80 Series II model, which has marked the history of the saxophone since its launch in 1986. While retaining the sound characteristics of the Series II, it offers improved intonation, especially in the upper register, and favors emission in the lower register.
Embellished with original engraving in the Art Deco style, paying homage to the age-old techniques handed down through generations of artisans at the SELMER factory in Mantes-la-Ville since 1919, the Signature alto is both a traditional saxophone and a beacon of modernity.
THE RENEWAL OF TRADITION
In pursuit of continual development in its catalogue of instruments, Henri SELMER Paris presents its new range: Signature. Signature alto saxophone embodies the evolution of the Super Action 80 Series II saxophone, improving its acoustic and ergonomic qualities while drawing inspiration from the latest innovations applied to the Supreme model.
It distinguishes itself through its remarkable acoustic properties, offering a generous, round sound. These characteristics are appreciated as much by jazz saxophonists as by the numerous classical musicians who identify with the French school.
WHAT'S BEHIND CONCEPTION
Thanks to its new neck bore, the alto Signature presents a significant improvement in pitch accuracy by correcting the octave relationships in the left hand and the upper register. In addition, the neck facilitates low note response, offering a sensation of exceptional comfort.
Its ergonomics, also inspired by the Series II to respond to the needs of all musicians, benefits from the latest innovations, updated for the Supreme: a new 3-point neck receiver system for better sound homogeneity, a nickel-silver tightening ring for greater density in this sensitive zone, an octave key with Teflon supports for more mechanical fluidity...
The Signature name highlights Henri SELMER Paris's identity as an instrument inventor and manufacturer, established over the course of the company's history.
Discover the instrument with « A new bounce », composed by Sylvain Rifflet, performed by Camilla George (alto) and Sylvain Rifflet (tenor), recorded by Julien Reyboz at Midilive Studio. Video directed by Antonin Bonnet assisted by Marco Mariani, produced by Happyfactory Paris.
- Tightening Ring: tightening ring on the receiver is in nickel-silver, which offers density in this sensitive zone. It is separate from the receiver, allowing its position to be adjusted.
- Neck Receiver: Neck receiver with 3-point concentric tightening for a better junction between the neck and body.
- Octave Key System: Octave key system with Teflon supports, allowing for lighter action and limiting wear-and-tear and unwanted noise.
- Natural Mother-of-Pearl: Keys traditionally inlaid in natural mother-of-pearl.
- Leather Pads: with metal resonators equipped with rivets.
- Thumb Rests:Left and right hand fine gold gilt metal thumb supports.