This excellent instrument is designed with the beginner in mind but capable of a high standard of play. Musically versatile, it has good tonal and dynamic characteristics and is supplied with a backpack style case and JP mouthpiece. High F#. Stunning performance level.
Although capable of a very high standard of play, these instruments are priced to be attractive in the starter player market. The mouthpiece that is supplied is fine to get a novice started, but an upgrade mouthpiece will allow the instrument to reach it's full potential. The Yamaha range of mouthpieces are a cost effective option and will offer a good improvement. A mid range or professional mouthpiece will lift the performance to the highest levels.
The JP042 Bb Tenor Saxophone is supplied with a variety of accessories to help players get started. A robust hard case is included as standard. The instrument also includes a JP5C Mouthpiece and suitable sling to aid comfort and to increase playing time.
All JP Instruments are covered by a comprehensive 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Floating plate design for little finger (LH) cluster - Aids faster movement
- Full ribbed construction - For strength, durability and extra resonance
- 'Abalone pearls - To enhance appearance
- Italian leather pads - More waterproof so more reliable
- Blue steel springs - Rust resistant with better tension memory
- Double spine on B & C - For strength and reliability
- Resonator pads - For enhanced projection and tonal depth
- Adjustable thumb rest - Increasing player comfort
- Adjustable back stops - For easier adjustment and faster servicing
- G#/Bb & F/F# independent adjustment - Adds strength and rigidness and reliability
- Lyre box - For marching
- Mechanism includes: High F#, Front F